Dupe Alert! Mac // Revlon

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

 

 
Information about each lipsticks from their Brand
 
MAC Persistence Lipstick (£15.50) is described as a “peachy cinnamon [with a Matte finish].” It’s a subdued, medium brown with warm, reddish-orange undertones and a matte finish. It had mostly opaque color coverage, and it had the same creamy, almost velvety consistency (feels like it has silicones in it) that glides on and doesn’t tug.
 
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Mink (7.99) has a classic silky smooth finish. It features silky smooth, moisturising colour, liquisilk formula seals in colour and softness, dazzling array of fabulous, fashionable shades. Contains vitamin E and avocado oil to conditions lips and ensures no tackiness.
 

Both product have a luxurious feel
Black packaging, 1 gold and 1 silver

 
How did I find it?


I bought Mac a couple of months ago and have been absolutely loving it! I wore it like everyday anywhere I went but then one day I thought "I can't wear this everyday it'll finish fast." That day I rampaged through my lipstick collection trying to find the same shade but a cheaper option and sadly I didn't have one, so I made it my mission to go to Boots the next day after work and search for a similar colour lipstick. While I was at Boots swatching shades like mad, I bumped into my friend who actually works at Boots! I was crying tears of joy and went up to her "Do you have a dupe for this shade(Mac exposed)" and thank God she did. I was happy of course. My friend took me to the Revlon counter and picked out the Mink tester lipstick, I swatched on my hand and it looked perfect.....ok not that perfect but it was 99.9% dupe (over exaggerated lol) only downside was it was not a matte formula. It was kind of a let down but I still bought with a little discount.
 
 
So what happened then?
 
I'll tell you what happened. As soon as I got in my car I quickly open the lipstick seal and applied it directly on my lips. I was pleasantly surprised, although it's not matte, it didn't look overly shiny or sheer, it was like semi-matte application and I thought "Ok, I'm cool with this." The colour was definitely a close match to Mac Persistence and it was half the price I paid for Mac, I swatched both on my hand and it definitely is a close a dupe.
See for yourself :)
 




What do I think?
 
I think its a bloody good job I went to Boots. I'm also grateful that I met my friend by chance otherwise I wouldn't have found Mink. As you can see Mink is a little darker, a teeny weeny little darker and applies more pigmented than Mac. They are both brown shades, packaged well and elegantly and feels good on my lips. Thank The Lord! 

And that's a wrap! Thank You for reading my blog, I hope you have enjoyed it and please stay tuned for more to come.

Stay Beautiful

Aki
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments